I was surprised and impressed to see new HP Support page.
The new page is very user friendly and easy to navigate. Below are simple steps to download needed drivers or software for you HP product.
1. Go to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html
2. Enter you product name or number in the space provided. You may also allow the site to automatically detect your HP product if you do not know the specific name or number of your item. Auto detection may be a good option however I think it is slower as it has to check the system first.
3. Select your Operating System. Click your Operating System from the list. Happy for Windows user. HP has good support to you but Linux will also be happy to see that HP is now supporting them.
4. Drivers and Software for your selected OS will open available for download. You may use the “Quick jump” option to jump to specific category.
5. Click Download button to start downloading the file.
HP Client Management Solutions - HP System Software Manager
The HP System Software Manager (SSM) is a utility that automatically detects and updates BIOS, device drivers, and management agent versions on your networked PCs.
This is also impressive, especially if you do not mind having another application for this purpose.
New and simple steps above is impressive but I not yet finished giving you easier and more convenient way to update your drivers. I use this third party HP Drivers tool to do all the monitoring, downloading and installing of driver to my computer. What I like about this is its compatibility, other hardware vendors are support by this tool.