How To Setup TP-LINK Wireless Router WR340G

I have a new router which surprised me how easy it is to configure, so here I am sharing how to it.

Part 1 - Dynamic internet connection type.

1. Open your browser and type in 192.168.1.1 to the address.



2. Login window will ope, Type-in your Admin user name and password. Default is admin/1234.






3. TP-LINK home page will open. First thing you need to do is setup the internet connection (DSL or a cable internet connection).














4. Go to the Network >> WAN, from the “WAN connection Type:” choose what your Internet Service Provider (ISP) gave you. Common types are Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE. Easiest type is the “Dynamic IP”







5. Choosing “Dynamic IP” connection type would automatically try connecting the router to your ISP and starting Obtaining IP address.















6. Click Save after it obtaining IP address.

7. Check your computer and see if you have internet connection running.

Sometime you have to Release and Renew IP address once in a while.

7 comments:

  1. please send to me the driver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same unit tp link 340g but i dont have the driver so we can put the password on it

    im joey please send the driver i cannot find any driver at the internet

    thanks sent ot to jmariano23@yahoo.com.ph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous
    I have TP-Link unit model TL-WR740N,It's working properly but I want to secure the WIFI so that nobody can use,how can I put the password for security purposes,please send me reply how can I do it,thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go into the wireless security tab and put either WEP, WPA or WPA2 where WPA2 have the strongest security, WEP have issues with routers using N and is not recomended same with WPA, but sometimes you are forced to use a lower one because the router or the computers wireless hardware cant handle WPA2

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go into the wireless security tab and put either WEP, WPA or WPA2 where WPA2 have the strongest security, WEP have issues with routers using N and is not recomended same with WPA, but sometimes you are forced to use a lower one because the router or the computers wireless hardware cant handle WPA2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. tp link wr841n

    ReplyDelete